Getting Ready For Your Visit
We are happy that you have decided to come to us for your vascular care. We are committed to being a trusted, compassionate partner on your treatment journey. When you visit one of our centers for your treatment, we want you to feel comfortable throughout the entire process. From the moment you walk through the door, you can expect our knowledgeable staff to attend to all your needs and answer all your questions.
We know that dealing with medical procedures can sometimes cause stress, and we want to ensure you’ll be ready for your procedure. Below, we’ve provided some useful information to help you prepare for your vascular treatment. If you have any questions, our dedicated staff is here to help.
Whether you’ve scheduled an in-person or telemedicine (virtual) visit, we request that you bring the following items:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card
- A list of your current medications—including over-the-counter medications, herbs, or supplements you’re currently taking
- A list of other medical conditions or diseases—current or past
- A family history of diabetes, high blood pressure, chronic kidney disease, and cardiovascular disease—these are important risk factors for PAD
- A list of symptoms you’re experiencing or have experienced
- Information about previous PAD treatments or medications you have tried
- Medical records from any previous doctor’s visits that you think may be helpful—including any tests performed
- A list of lifestyle habits
Before Your Visit
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Drinking water will help if your doctor recommends an ankle-brachial index (ABI), ultrasound, or angiography to diagnose your PAD symptoms because these tests use imaging technology. When your body is hydrated, the images will be seen more clearly.
- We recommend eating a light meal before your visit to prevent your blood pressure from elevating while at your consultation.
- Take all of your prescribed medications as usual prior to your visit.
The Day of Your Visit
Preparing for your vascular treatment can make your recovery easier. We want to improve the quality of your life, and following the steps below can allow for maximum effectiveness of your treatment:
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing the day of your appointment. If you are experiencing leg symptoms or pain, we want you to be prepared to remove shoes, socks, and pants to allow an adequate examination. You will be provided a gown in the privacy of your examination room if changing your clothes is needed.
- Do not apply lotion or moisturizer on your day of treatment.
- Hydrate yourself throughout the day, and we recommend bringing water to your visit.
- Eat a light meal and take all prescribed medication as usual before your appointment.
- Although we do not use general anesthesia for any of our treatments, we encourage you to have someone escort you to your appointment, so they can drive you home after the procedure.
Still Have Questions? We’re Here for You
If you have any questions at any point of your PAD treatment journey, our empathetic and skilled staff are here to help. We aim to provide all the information you need to feel safe and comfortable during your procedure, including steps for you to take to maintain your health and comfort during recovery after treatment. If you would like to talk with one of our dedicated patient advocates, give us a call at 888.773.2193 or contact us online.