Dr. Yu graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY in 1994 and recently retired from the Army after 27 years of service. He served with distinction throughout the world, to include the 82d Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, NC, and Camp Casey, Republic of Korea. He received his Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) and then served as an Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering at West Point. Later, Dr. Yu received his Doctor of Medicine from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Services in Bethesda, Maryland. He completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA. He then returned to the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) and completed his fellowship in Vascular & Interventional Radiology. Afterwards, he served as Chief, Cardiovascular & Interventional Radiology (CVIR) at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH). He academic interests include Y-90 radioembolization, uterine fibroid embolization (UFE), and treatment of peripheral artery disease (PAD) and venous insufficiency.
Victor Y. Yu, M.D., M.S.E.
- The American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology
- The American Board of Radiology, Interventional Radiology/Diagnostic Radiology
Honors & Awards
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Society of American Military Engineers
- American Board of Radiology
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- American College of Radiology
- West Point Chapter, Order of the Engineer
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, Master of Science in Engineering
- U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, Fellowship, Vascular/Interventional Radiology
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, Doctor of Medicine
Custom CSS to hide unused headers